Calling all craft beer connoisseurs! Cornerstone Café & Taphouse is looking for positive, customer-focused individuals to join our team of servers and bartenders.
Are you a craft beer evangelist?
Cornerstone Café & Taphouse employs promising individuals with an appreciation for food, culture, and passion for the local food, arts, and craft beer industry. We have a fun and welcoming atmosphere, and are looking for team players.
Position to start part-time, with potential for full time work for the right candidate.
• Greet customers, direct them to choose a seat and order at the bar when ready
• Advise on the best food and drink choices for each customer and answer questions
• Take orders and deliver them to the table deftly and accurately
• Attend to the tables and guarantee compliance to cleanliness standards
• Check the quality of the final servings and resolve any issues
• Accept payment
• Work with other staff as a team
• Work diligently to achieve outstanding service quality
• The chosen candidate must be available for closing shifts
Experience & Attributes
• Proven work experience in the hospitality industry
• Ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers and ensure mutual satisfaction
• Customer-oriented and planning skills
• Working knowledge of cash register and any ordering information system
• Outstanding people skills
• Patient and friendly with demonstrated experience in problem solving
• High school diploma; food safety training will be a plus
• Serving It Right Certificate
• Knowledge of and passion for craft beer
About Cornerstone Café & Taphouse
We are committed to delivering a fresh, exciting menu that showcases local ingredients. Our creative take on classic comfort food is paired with 24 rotating craft cider and beer taps, and 8 rotating wine taps for a truly unique dining experience in the Comox Valley. Regular art events and live entertainment make Cornerstone Café & Taphouse not only a great restaurant, but a cultural hub in the heart of Downtown Courtenay. www.cornerstonetaphouse.com
Send a resume and cover letter to Alexandra Stephanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.